42 is a private French computer programming school created and funded by Xavier Niel (Founder of Illiad, free). The school is focused on project-based learning and peer-to-peer education. It teaches not just programming skills, but also the habits that companies are looking for in programmers: productivity, collaboration and lifelong learning and self-investment.
School Projects (in C if not specified) :
- Algorithms (sorting, pathfinding, line drawing…).
- libft : c library (libc like) with linked list, hash table.
- Wolf 3D, a simple game with raycasting algorithm.
- Fract’ol, Julia, Mandelbrot set, and Tree fractals.
- Polynomial equation solver in ruby.
- Linear regression machine learning gradient descent algorithm in ruby.
- r-type like game in C++ with ncurses
- npuzzle : 8, 15, 19 puzzle solver in golang with A* algorithm and heap queue
- malloc / free / realloc / calloc.
- ftp protocol transfert (server/client) with IPv4 and IPv6
- ping (C & Go) program with raw socket, ICMP
- traceroute program with raw socket, UDP, ICMP
- nmap SYN, ACK, FIN, UDP, NULL, XMAS port scanning with thread and pcap library